Minimum GPA: 3.0
Amount Awarded: $2,000 to $5,000
Location or High School: Cleveland Public and Catholic Schools
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Purpose: To provide scholarship support for underserved and underrepresented populations (African-American or Hispanic students) who are graduates of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or a Catholic school in Greater Cleveland (preferably Cuyahoga County) who have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 and are pursuing higher education at an accredited two- or four-year institution in the state of Ohio. Applicants who are willing to participate in a volunteer mentor program will be given preference.
- African-American or Hispanic student who is a graduate of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or a Catholic school in Greater Cleveland
- Minimum grade-point average of 3.0
- Enrolled or currently attending a two- or four-year accredited educational institution within the state of Ohio
- Willing to participate in a voluntary mentor program with periodic reporting on academic activity
- Demonstrate financial need (file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and provide the page of the Student Aid Report (SAR) showing the expected family contribution (EFC) )
Award Process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and the number of applicants selected. Previously, the awards have ranged from $2,000 to $5,000. Formal notification of scholarship awards is made via a letter from the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s).
- Register for access to our online application site by entering your name, e-mail, and creating a Login ID.
- An e-mail will be sent to you within 5 minutes. Please check YOUR SPAM FOLDERS. Click on the link in the e-mail to complete the registration process.
- Login to the Scholarship Gateway site and complete the application and upload your documents.
Deadline: March 31, 2014 (5 p.m.)