Minimum GPA: 2.75
Field of Study: Early Childhood Education, Counseling or related field
Location or HS: Greater Cleveland (high school students and adults)
Deadline: March 15, 2018
App Type: General App (one-time award)
Purpose: To advance education by providing scholarships to residents of Greater Cleveland pursuing the study of early childhood education, counseling or related field. Underserved and under-represented, low-to-moderate income applicants will be given preference.
Eligibility criteria: Greater Clevelanders (within the First Suburbs Consortium) enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited college or university to pursue early childhood education, counseling or related field.
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway.
- Full-time enrollment
- Academic commitment, evidenced by a minimum cumulative 2.75 grade-point average
- Financial need
- Commitment to pursue a degree in early childhood education, counseling or related field
Selection process: A Selection Committee will be appointed or approved by the Cleveland Foundation. Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and the spending policy of the Cleveland Foundation. The anticipated academic year amount will be a minimum of $1,200. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.