Minimum GPA: 2.5
Field of Study: Education
Location or HS: Glenville and Collinwood High Schools
Deadline: March 15, 2021
App Type: General App
Purpose: to implement the Charles Hildreth Kelso Scholarship Fund, which will allocate annually, two (2) scholarships in the amount of One-Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) each to a deserving African American graduating senior student from Glenville High School and Collinwood High School, both of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, with a 2.5 Grade Point Average or better, who intends to go on to college and major in education.
- An African-American graduating senior from Glenville or Collinwood High School
- 2.5 GPA on 4.0 grade scale
- Currently enrolled or enrolling in college on a full-time basis, majoring in Education
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway.
Selection process: A Selection Committee will be appointed or approved by the Cleveland Foundation. Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and the spending policy of the Cleveland Foundation. The anticipated academic year amount will be a minimum of $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books and/or supplies and equipment required for courses. Balances can be applied to student loans.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Submit a grade report via email for each term (min 2.0 GPA required).
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.