Minimum GPA: 3.2
Field of Study: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
Location or HS: Cuyahoga County
Deadline: March 15, 2021
App Type: General App
Purpose: The Cleveland’s Future Engineers Scholarship Fund was created to advance education by providing scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are residents of Cuyahoga County, plan to attend a four-year college or university, have maintained a minimum 3.2 cumulative grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale), and have demonstrated both an interest and academic achievement in math, science, engineering, or computer technology (with a preference for applicants who plan to seek a career in civil engineering).
- Must be a graduating high school senior from a high school in Cuyahoga County
- Must reside in Cuyahoga County
- Must be accepted at an accredited four-year college or university
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 grade scale
- Must have demonstrated an interest and academic achievement in math, science, engineering, or computer technology
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee will base its scholarship decisions on the completed application and on evidence of interest and academic performance in math, science, engineering, or computer technology. Preference will be given to applicants who plan to seek a career in civil engineering.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 3.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed for a maximum of 4 total years support provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.