Minimum GPA: 2.5
Field of Study: Construction Industry
Location or HS: Cleveland
College: State of Ohio
Deadline: March 31, 2018
App Type: General App (one-time award)
Purpose: The Construction Employers Association and Carpenter Contractors Association of Cleveland Ohio Scholarship was established in July 2013 by the governing committees of these associations. The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to a Cleveland-based college student pursuing a construction-related degree. Preferred applicants will attend an Ohio college or university and be a graduate of a high school located within the City of Cleveland who has attained a cumulative 2.5 grade-point average and is enrolled in a 2- 4- or 5-year degree program.
- Resident of Greater Cleveland
- Pursuing post-secondary education and:
- Accepted at or enrolled in a college or university in the State of Ohio
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree applicable to a career in the construction industry
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale
- Be a graduate of a high school located within the City of Cleveland
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee, appointed by the Cleveland Foundation, will base its scholarship decisions on the completed application, evidence of a commitment to pursue educational studies pursuant to a degree in the construction industry, academic commitment, and financial need, as a tie-breaker.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and is currently $1,250. Formal notification of the award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.