Minimum GPA: 3.5
Location or HS: Cuyahoga County
Deadline: March 15, 2021
App Type: General App
Purpose: To provide support for public high school graduates enrolled in college as a freshman or sophomore, or enrolled in a vocational training program. The fund is specifically geared to select students who demonstrate a commitment to educational achievement and have a passion for an initial identified course of study or career path.
- Resident of Cuyahoga County
- Entering college as a freshman or sophomore, (or) enrolling in a program of training to prepare a student for gainful employment in a recognized occupation
- Current GPA of at least 3.5
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee composed of three individuals (including the donor) will select a scholarship finalist and two alternates based on the completed application. Additional criteria considered in awarding these scholarship grants will include motivation, personality, character, potential, merit, financial need and ACT/SAT test scores.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. The amount may exceed $3,000 as determined by the selection committee. Awards must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses not provided by the school and are applicable to the gap between the student’s financial need and the financial aid package coordinated by the school (e.g., “last-dollar” scholarships).
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed for a maximum of 4 total years support provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.