Minimum GPA: 2.75
Amount: up to $2,000
Location or HS: Glenville High School (or Ginn Academy)
Deadline: March 15, 2020
App Type: General App
Purpose: The Diane O. McDaniel Scholarship was established in 2007 by Diane O. McDaniel, who is a retired human resources executive from Cleveland, Ohio. The scholarship is a reflection of her appreciation for the extremely valued Cleveland Public School education she received while attending Glenville High School, and her dedication to the education and development of Cleveland’s young people.
- Must be a graduating senior from Glenville High School (or Ginn Academy)
- Must be enrolling in an accredited two- or four-year college or university for attendance on a full-time basis
- Must have a minimum grade-point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 grade scale
- Scholarship is only for college/university students (no vocational training)
- Must demonstrate financial need
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Required additional information: Applicants must submit a brief (no more than 1-page, double-spaced) essay that includes a statement of your career goals, how you plan to accomplish your career goals, how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals, and why continuing education is important to you.
Selection process: A selection committee will base scholarship decisions on the completed application and on evidence of academic performance and other community activities. Preference will be given to students from Glenville High School (or Ginn Academy).
Award process: The annual award(s) amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and will not exceed $2,000. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Renewal: The General Application must be submitted each year for consideration of this award.