Minimum GPA: 2.0
Location or HS: Brecksville/Broadview Heights High School
App Type: External
Purpose: Dwight S. and Patricia H. Jordan were graduates of Brecksville High School. Dwight had two brothers who also attended Brecksville Schools and Patricia has had five generations of family members attend Brecksville. Sixteen have graduated and two more are in route to graduation. This scholarship was created to provide scholarship support to graduating seniors from the Brecksville-Broadview Heights School District with the hope that the recipients will return to Cleveland after graduation and enjoy living, working and contributing to the Cleveland community.
- Graduating Senior from Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School
- Minimum grade-point average of 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis (12 credit hours per term) at an Pell-Eligible institution
- Demonstrated Financial need
For information and to apply, contact: Guidance office, Brecksville/Broadview Heights High School.
Selection process: A Selection Committee will be appointed by the Cleveland Foundation. Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship.
Award process: Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status;
- Submit a grade report for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-Time Award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.