Minimum GPA: 2.5
College: Geographic eligibility extends to outside of Ohio
Deadline: March 15, 2021
App Type: General App
Purpose: To provide annual scholarships to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing or whose primary caregivers are deaf or hard of hearing to attain their post-secondary education.
Eligibility: Scholarships will be awarded to those pursuing post-secondary studies and who meet the following eligibility criteria:
1) Deaf or Hard of Hearing, or have a relative living in your household who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing
2) Use American Sign Language
3) Have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5 in high school
4) Have demonstrated financial need
5) Intend to matriculate to a vocational college, college, university or other post-secondary program.
NOTE: Preference will be given to those of Native American, African American, or Latino American descent. This scholarship is available to U.S. residents and is not restricted only to those living in Cuyahoga, Lake, or Geauga counties.
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time)
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email.
One-time award: This is generally a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.