Minimum GPA: 3.5
Location or HS: James A. Garfield, Louisa May Alcott, or Charles A. Mooney schools
Deadline: March 15, 2020
App Type: General App
Purpose: For graduating high school seniors who are residents of Cleveland and will attend a two- or four-year accredited educational institution, and who attended one of the following Cleveland public schools for at least two years: James A. Garfield, Louisa May Alcott, or Charles A. Mooney.
This is a Biennial Award offered every two years (next award period: 2021-22).
- Must be a resident of Cleveland
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must have attended one of the following Cleveland schools: James A. Garfield, Louisa May Alcott, or Charles A. Mooney
- Must be enrolling as a full-time student
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must have achieved a 3.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 grading scale
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A committee appointed by the Cleveland Foundation will base selections on the completed application, academic performance, and school or community involvement (activities or employment).
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Submit a grade report for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.