Minimum GPA: 3.0
Deadline: April 15, 2018
App Type: Corp/Group App
Purpose: The Ohio Laborers Future Leaders of America Scholarship is for dependent children of members of local affiliates of Laborers’ District Council of Ohio.
- Must be a child (whether natural, adopted, stepchild, or grandchild) of an active member in good standing
- Enrolled or plan to be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary (after attaining a diploma or GED) course of study for vocational or technical training certification, or for a degree at an eligible educational institution
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative high school grade-point average (or equivalent); renewal consideration requires a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- U.S. citizen or legal resident with verification-stamped I-551 unexpired
Application method: Submit a Corporate/Group Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection criteria: A committee appointed by the Cleveland Foundation will base selections on the completed application, academic performance, community service, motivation, character, and self-help (financial need will be used only as a tiebreaker).
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 3.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed for a maximum of 4 total years support provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.
For questions: Call the Cleveland Foundation’s scholarship team at 216-861-3810 or 216-615-7138, or email us.