Minimum GPA: 2.0
Deadline: April 15, 2021
App Type: Corp/Group App
Purpose: The Perlman Foundation PK Management Scholarship Fund is a scholarship fund created for the dependents of eligible employees of PK Management Company. The purpose of the fund is to advance education by providing scholarships to dependents (as herein described). “Dependents” shall mean the natural, adopted, or step-relationship children of any eligible employee, or children under the guardianship of any eligible employee. “Eligible employee” pertains to all full-time employees of PK Management Company who have been employed by the company continuously for a period of at least one year.
Scholarships are for one year, relative to coursework in pursuit of a degree at a college or university. In the case of a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation, scholarships are for the length of the course. Scholarship payments made to the “Qualified Educational Institution” of the recipient’s choice must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, or equipment required for coursework.
An independent selection committee, chosen by the Cleveland Foundation, makes decisions on scholarships. Cleveland Foundation staff administers the fund and its disbursements and provides advice to interested individuals.
- Be a dependent (natural, adopted, or step-relationship children of any eligible employee, or children under the guardianship of any eligible employee). Eligible employee is a full-time employee of PK Management Company who has been employed by the Company continuously for at least one year; and
- Be enrolled or accepted in the program for which you are seeking support
Application method: Submit a Corporate/Group Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: An independent selection committee, chosen by the Cleveland Foundation, makes decision on scholarships. The Selection Committee will base its scholarship recommendations on the completed application: the applicant’s ability to benefit, educational history, personal character, leadership, and community service.
Award process: Award amounts are based upon the earnings of the fund. The Cleveland Foundation staff administers the fund and its disbursements. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time)
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed each year provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.