Minimum GPA: 2.5
Location or HS: Greater Cleveland
Deadline: March 15, 2019
App Type: General App (one-time award)
Purpose: The Roy W. and Wilma Cade Scholarship Fund was established in 1999 by Roy W. Cade. The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to graduating seniors or students enrolled in institutions of higher education who are residents of Cleveland or its inner-ring suburbs who are pursuing studies applicable to a major in the Christian ministry.
- Resident of Greater Cleveland
- Pursuing post-secondary education and:
- Accepted at or enrolled in a college or university
- Have, at a minimum, a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale
- In good standing with no criminal record
- Show financial need
- Pursuing educational studies in the Christian ministry
Preference shall be given to inner-city applicants and members of church organizations.
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: The selection committee will base its scholarship decisions on the completed application, evidence of a commitment to pursue educational studies in the Christian ministry, financial need, academic commitment, and volunteer activities.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. The general award amount is $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain enrollment status expressed in application (part-time or full-time)
- for each term
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.