Minimum GPA: 2.5
Field of Study: Biomedical or Engineering
Deadline: March 15, 2018
App Type: General App (one-time award)
Purpose: The Terry M. Speth Service Professional Memorial Scholarship was established in 2009 by the family and friends of Terry Speth, a committed diagnostic imaging professional, entrepreneur, and educator in the field of diagnostic imaging. The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to students pursuing a career in diagnostic imaging. Ideal applicants are those enrolled in a biomedical or electronic engineering school or course of study, or who have biomedical or electronic engineering work experience and are committed to pursuing a career in diagnostic imaging. Applicants must have at least a 2.5 grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Selection decisions will be based on ability to benefit, motivation, and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who are members of a biomedical or medical society and who demonstrate financial need.
- Must be attending an accredited educational institution
- Must be enrolled in a biomedical or electronic engineering school or have biomedical or electronic engineering work experience
- Must be pursuing coursework related to the pursuit of a career in diagnostic imaging
- Must have, at a minimum, a 2.5 grade-point average (GPA)
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection criteria and process: A selection committee appointed by the Cleveland Foundation will base selections on the completed application, ability to benefit, motivation, academic merit, and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who are members of a biomedical or medical society and those who evidence financial need.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and the number of applicants recommended for award. Generally, awards are at a minimum of $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (where awarded for full-time)
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.