Minimum GPA: 2.0
Maximum GPA: 3.3
Location or HS: Greater Cleveland
Deadline: March 15, 2020
App Type: General App
Purpose: This fund was established by a transfer of the Educational Trust of the Inner City Protestant Parish to the Cleveland Foundation to provide scholarship support to enable deserving individuals who are residents of Cleveland or its inner-ring suburbs to further and/or complete their formal education. Currently, the beneficiary pool is identified as high school seniors and adults to the age of 28, who are pursuing an undergraduate college degree, or vocational/technical training. Applicants with grade-point averages between 2.0 and 3.3 on a 4.0 grade scale are given preference.
- Resident of Cleveland or its inner-ring suburbs
- High School senior or adult (up to 28 years of age) pursuing:
- a college or university undergraduate degree on a full-time basis, or
- enrolled in a vocational/technical certification program
- Demonstrated financial need
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee composed of five individuals (including the donor advisor) will select scholarship finalists and two alternates based on the completed application. Additional criteria considered in awarding these scholarship grants include leadership, personality, motivation, special skills and interests. Preference is given to applicants with a GPA between 2.0 and 3.3 on a 4.0 grade scale.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. In previous years, $1,500 scholarships have been awarded. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses, and are applicable to the gap between the student’s financial need and the financial aid package coordinated by the school (e.g., “last-dollar” scholarships).
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Submit a grade report for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Renewal: The General Application must be submitted each year for consideration of this award. Student can be awarded each year for up to a maximum of 4 total years of support.