Minimum GPA: 2.0
Location or HS: Geauga County
Deadline: March 15, 2018
App Type: General App (one-time award)
Purpose: The purpose of the fund is to assist students who reside in Geauga County, Ohio, who have attended or are attending a Geauga County High School, and who are in need of financial aid to advance their high school or post high school music education.
- Resident of Geauga County for a minimum of two years and attended one of the following Geauga County High Schools (Berkshire, Cardinal, Chardon, Kenston, Ledgemont, Newbury, West Geauga, Notre Dame Cathedral Latin, Saint Mary’s Catholic School, or Saint Helen’s Catholic School
- Evidence of commitment to the pursuit of a musical education
- Demonstrated financial need
- Evidence of significant leadership potential and willingness to contribute time and talent to the community
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee appointed by the Cleveland Foundation will base its decisions on the completed application form, the above eligibility criteria, and with consideration to the following:
- Academic stability and potential for advancement;
- Commitment to the pursuit of higher education with a major in music; and
- Community Service/Civic Involvement
Financial need, as determined by the formula for the Free Application for Federal student aid (FAFSA) or evidenced by other means will be used as a tiebreaker that gives preference to the most needy among the finalists.
Award process: The award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and spending policy of the Cleveland Foundation. Formal notification of the award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time status);
- for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.