Minimum GPA: 2.0
Location or HS: Cleveland
Deadline: March 15, 2020
App Type: General App
Purpose: To enhance scholarship opportunities for persons with mental challenges who aspire and have the potential to succeed in undertaking college/university course work at either the undergraduate or graduate level. The program is intended to offer scholarship grants annually to persons selected by a committee for awards.
- Be a resident in Northeast Ohio
- Be enrolled or accepted in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited, Pell-eligible educational institution for full-time (12 credit hours) or part-time (minimum six credit hours) status per term
- Have a mental illness in one of the following categories: schizophrenia, mood disorders, or anxiety disorders
- Have your treating physician’s endorsement
- Have household income of less than $100,000
Special requirements for application: You will need to submit an endorsement from your treating physician indicating your potential to succeed in undertaking college/university course work at either the undergraduate or graduate level. You may upload this endorsement to your application or have the physician send this letter directly to us at:or by US Mail, to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee composed of a broad mix of individuals from Greater Cleveland will select scholarship award recipients based on the completed application and the following criteria: a) evidence of commitment, b) ability to benefit, and c) compatibility of course work to career path. Please note that finalists will be required to verify a household income of less than $100,000.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Generally, one new award of $750 is made annually. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed for a maximum of 2 total years support provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.