Minimum GPA: 3.0
Location or HS: Cleveland Heights High School
App Type: External
About the program: The Women’s Civic Club of Cleveland Heights has been providing scholarships to Cleveland Heights High School graduates for many years. In 2006, the group established an endowed scholarship fund at the Cleveland Foundation and asked that the foundation assume the responsibility for administering the scholarship program. Working in cooperation with the Cleveland Heights High School administration and guidance staff, the foundation will honor the intent of the fund and employ the same eligibility and selection criteria.
- Applicants must be current Cleveland Heights High School graduating seniors who plan to attend an accredited college, university, or vocational school on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must have attended Cleveland Heights High School for a minimum of three years.
- Applicants must have attained a 3.0 GPA or higher for at least three years of attendance at Cleveland Heights High School.
To apply: Contact the guidance office at Cleveland Heights High School
Selection process: A selection committee will review the information supplied in the application materials and choose the scholarship recipients. Criteria will be academic achievement, strong character, and potential for future educational achievement. In the case of a tie, financial need can be considered.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. The general award amount is $1,000 each to a male and a female. Awards will be announced at the Senior Awards Ceremony in May. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Email a grade report to the Scholarship team for each term
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.