Online Sources to Support Your Search
There are many tools to help in your search for colleges, scholarships, and financial aid. Often, the best sources of information and guidance are available at your high school, if you are a traditional student who will soon be graduating. If you are a non-traditional student enrolling in college or pursuing training, you’ll frequently find resources offered at the college or technical or trade institution you’ll be attending.
Financial aid officers also routinely provide information, which includes federal and state resources as well as endowment fund support from the school. They also will help in filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which must be done to receive federal and state aid.
The following websites offer useful information on the national, state, and local level (for the Cleveland area). Scholarship searches can be performed electronically by anyone with basic computer skills or traditionally by visiting your local library.
- StudentAid.ed.gov – Federal government site explaining financial aid
- FastWeb.com – Designed to help find scholarships
- Petersons.com – Overall guide for colleges, scholarships, and aid
- CollegeResults.org – Provides information about college graduation rates for most four-year colleges and universities in the country
- nces.ed.gov/CollegeNavigator – National Center for Education Statistics site includes information on college costs, aid by school, and retention rates
- Fafsa.ed.gov – Official federal site for Free Application for Federal Student Aid form, required for those seeking financial aid
- Regents.Ohio.gov – Information about Ohio’s public and private schools and community colleges and grants and scholarships
- OhioHigherEd.org/college-portraits – Offers profiles of many of the schools in the University System in Ohio
- SayYesCleveland.org – Official site for Say Yes Cleveland offers information about Say Yes scholarship eligibility and how to apply
- FoundationCenter.org/cleveland – Provides community resources for students
- CollegeNowgc.org – Offers help in finding scholarships and financial aid in Greater Cleveland
Higher education news:
College entrance exam dates and information:
*These sites are provided for informational purposes. This does not constitute a recommendation by the Cleveland Foundation. Please know that these sites offer financial aid and scholarship information for free but may contain advertising for paid services related to scholarships.