Minimum GPA: 2.75
Field of Study: Accounting
Location or HS: Northeast Ohio
Deadline: March 15, 2018
App Type: General App
Purpose: To provide scholarships for deserving Northeast Ohio students studying accounting at any accredited, Pell-eligible college, university, or other educational institution
- Resident of Northeast Ohio, or accepted/enrolled in, a college, university or other accredited institution in Northeast Ohio
- Accepted by or enrolled in a college, university, or other institution and majoring in accounting
- Enrolled full time or part-time (minimum 6 credit hours)
- Minimum 2.75 grade-point average on a 4.0 grade scale
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee composed of a broad mix of individuals from Greater Cleveland will select scholarship recipients based on the completed application and basic requirements. Additional selection criteria include evidence of commitment to an accounting education, character, potential, and ability to benefit.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the foundation’s spending policy, the market performance of the fund, the number of finalists selected, and their individual financial need. It is anticipated that the award amount will be $1,000. The award amount for part-time enrollment will be adjusted appropriately. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
The amount for part-time enrollment will be adjusted accordingly. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for courses.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time)
- for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio 44115.
Renewal: The General Application must be submitted each year for consideration of this award.