Minimum GPA: 2.5
Location or HS: Ohio Resident
Deadline: March 15, 2018
App Type: General App
Purpose: The McKinney Family Fund was created to advance education by providing scholarships to graduating high school seniors and/or graduate students seeking post-secondary education to reach their fullest potential. Preference will be given to applicants of minority descent (as defined in 2014).
- 2.5 cumulative GPA (4.0 scale)
- Residing in Ohio for a minimum of (2) years
- Attending or planning to attend an accredited College, University or Graduate school on a full-time or part-time basis in pursuit of an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral academic degree
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A selection committee will base its scholarship decisions on the completed application and evidence of sincerity toward obtaining an academic credential. Preference will be given to applicants of minority descent (as defined in 2014). Financial Need, as determined by the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR), will be used as a tiebreaker, giving preference to the most needy among finalists.
Award process: The award amount will be based upon the earnings of the fund. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time status)
- for each term (min 2.5 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed for a maximum of 4 total years support provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.