Minimum GPA: 2.5
Location or HS: Greater Cleveland
Deadline: March 15, 2020
App Type: General App
Purpose: To provide scholarship support for active church members who reside in the city of Cleveland or one of its bordering suburbs who plan to enroll in an accredited college or university in pursuit of higher education.
About the program: Former members of Greater Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church established the Reverend A. William Jamerson Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of its founding pastor, the late Rev. A. William Jamerson.
- Be enrolled or accepted at an accredited, Pell-eligible educational institution offering courses toward a degree or certificate or certification in vocational or technical training
- Be a resident of the city of Cleveland or one of its bordering suburbs
- Be enrolled or accepted at full-time status (a minimum 12 credit hours per term)
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 grade scale
- Be an active church member, endorsed by a letter of reference from your pastor
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Additional requirements: One of your letters of reference must be a letter of endorsement from the pastor of the church where you are an active member
Selection process: A selection committee composed of a broad mix of individuals from Greater Cleveland, including former members of Greater Zion Missionary Hill Baptist Church, will select scholarship award recipients and establish final award amounts (not less than $500), based on the completed application and the following criteria: moral character, financial need, evidence of self-help, and special skills and interests.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Awards range from $500 to $1,000 for the 2014-15 academic year. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (if awarded for full-time)
- for each term (min 2.0 GPA required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
One-time award: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.