Yesterday, thousands of Northeast Ohioans gathered at more than 100 locations across our region to break bread and engage in conversations prompted by the question, “why does place matter?” Groups small and large gathered at parks, libraries, businesses, homes and other locations to connect with one another and discuss how we can move our community forward. Thank you to everyone who joined us to build Common Ground! We’re inspired by the passion, ideas and human connections we witnessed at Common Ground events throughout the day. If you attended a Common Ground event and are wondering how you can stay involved or take action on an idea, here are a few opportunities to continue the momentum until we meet again next year:
Tell us what you think
We want to hear from everyone who participated in Common Ground! Please complete this short survey to share feedback about your experience. Your individual responses will be kept confidential, and your feedback will help us make Common Ground even better next year. We’ll report results and trends from the survey to the community. Stay tuned as we share that information!
Take Action on Your Ideas
The outcomes of Common Ground conversations are just beginning. There are many ways to make your ideas a reality, to get involved and do more for Greater Cleveland:
Do you have an idea?
Attend a Happy Hour to talk about your idea. From 5 to 7 p.m. on the following dates:
- June 29 / Goldhorn Brewery / 1361 E. 55th St., Cleveland
- July 13 / Jukebox / 1404 W. 29th St., Cleveland
- July 20 / Chesterland Tavern / 8190 Mayfield Rd., Chesterland
Are you ready to make a plan?
Come to an Action Clinic and get help organizing your community building project. From 6 to 8 p.m. on the following dates:
- June 26 / Neighborhood Connections / 5000 Euclid Ave, #310
- June 28 / HIVE / Lakeland Community College H-Building / 7700 Clocktower Dr., Kirtland
- July 10 / Neighborhood Connections / 5000 Euclid Ave, #310
- July 12 / Geauga West Public Library / 13455 Chillicothe Rd., Chesterland
- July 17 / Neighborhood Connections / 5000 Euclid Ave, #310
- August 7 / Neighborhood Connections / 5000 Euclid Ave, #310
Do you need funding?
Join us for a workshop about grants and crowdfunding your community project:
- June 27 / Webinar / Check www.neighborhoodgrants.org for details
- July 9 / 6 to 8 p.m. / Neighborhood Connections / 5000 Euclid Ave., #310
- July 17 / 6 to 8 p.m. / Urban Community School / 4909 Lorain Ave.
- July 25 / 4 to 6 p.m. / Neighborhood Connections / 5000 Euclid Ave., #310
- August 2 / 6 to 8 p.m. / Urban Community School / 4909 Lorain Ave.
Stay Involved with Common Ground
Interested in hosting or joining a Common Ground conversation next year? Be the first to learn about plans for next year’s Common Ground by subscribing to our e-newsletter here.
Do you have great photos from your Common Ground experience this year, or are you interested in authoring a guest blog about your experience that could be published on our website? Share your photos and ideas with us by emailing CommonGround@clevefdn.org.