Apply for a Mission Related Investment
To be considered for a Cleveland Foundation Mission Related Investment, please review the information below and complete the application form that follows.
What are Mission Related Investments?
Mission Related Investments come from the Foundation’s endowment assets and must achieve two goals; 1.) a market rate of return over time and 2.) a social impact for Cleveland.
What are the minimum criteria that must be met to be eligible to apply for a Mission Related Investment?
The Cleveland Foundation has established minimum criteria as listed below to evaluate mission related impact investment requests.
- The investment must demonstrate how it will provide a social impact in the Greater Cleveland areathrough job creation, economic development (real estate improvement), business startup (entrepreneuror industrial), technology, sustainable energy, financial services, healthcare or biotechnologyadvancements.
- The investment must:
- Align with at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/
- Show an expected impact within the city of Cleveland or surrounding areas
- Provide an expected market rate of return (The project needs to provide either a fixed income or equity return on the investment over a specified period.)
- Be managed by a proven, experienced team with prior experience in mission related investments