Information for 2023 Summer Intern Applicants
Applications for the 2023 Summer Internship Program are now closed. The portal will re-open in October 2023 for next summer.
- Semi-finalist interviews will be conducted through mid-March.
- Interns will be notified of their acceptance into the program by early April.
- The internship program formally begins on May 24 and concludes on Aug. 4, 2023.
- Browse the 2023 summer internship host sites here. Host sites for 2023 will be available in February, ahead of semi-finalist interviews.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be a college junior or senior in fall 2023, a graduating senior in spring 2023, or first year graduate students in spring 2023.
- If not a student attending a college or university in Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga counties, applicants must be a permanent resident of Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga counties.
- Applicants should exhibit interest in the nonprofit or public sectors.
- Applicants must not be a relative of a member of Cleveland Foundation staff or Board of Directors.
How to Apply:
(If you have registered with us in the past you can skip the registration step and go to the Login link below)
- Register for access to our online application gateway by entering your name and email, and creating a login ID. An email will be sent to you within 5 minutes. Please check your spam folder. Click on the link in the email to complete the registration process.
- Login (with the email address you used to register), complete the internship application and upload your documents. NEW: You will need to complete the application and upload supporting documents for each mandatory requirement before you can “submit” your application.
- Please note that a section of the application requires you to respond to a few short answer questions, both to get a sense of your writing style and to learn more about your interest in applying for the program.
Required Documents (to be uploaded in .pdf format):
- One required letter of recommendation (with 2 letters permitted) from individuals familiar with your academic work, employment experience or community/volunteer activities.
- We request that you upload the letter(s) directly into your online application. However, if the person providing your letter of recommendation prefers to send in his/her recommendation directly, please . You will then need to upload a statement identifying the reference who will be mailing a letter of recommendation on your behalf. We will upload all recommendation letters received by the application deadline.
For questions about the program, contact:
Stephanie Molnar, Program Manager, Leadership Development
- Have all documents required for the application ready to upload in a .pdf format
- Start early – applications must be submitted by the deadline of Jan. 23, 2023
- The application submission process (if you have your resume and letter(s) of recommendation ready) should take about 30-45 minutes to complete, including time for you to respond to a few short-answer questions.