The COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Ohio has begun, with some residents now eligible to get vaccinated. Many people have questions about the vaccine; some are unsure when and where they can get vaccinated, while others are concerned about whether the vaccine will be safe and effective for them. Thankfully, many individuals, groups and organizations in our state and community are helping to answer questions and make the vaccine rollout as smooth as possible – here are just a few:
- The Ohio Department of Health is leading the statewide vaccine program. At ohio.gov, you can search for vaccine provider locations and find answers to your questions, whether you’re a patient or a vaccine provider.
- County health departments are also offering information about the vaccination program in your county. Find more information here:
- The City of Cleveland has opened a COVID-19 vaccine hotline to answer questions and help eligible residents schedule appointments to get vaccinated. You can reach the hotline from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on weekdays via 216-664-2222. Learn more here.
- United Way is providing vaccine information to residents who call 2-1-1 HelpLink on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Learn more here.
- Members of Greater Cleveland Congregations are hosting question and answer sessions about the vaccine in their communities. Learn more about their efforts here.
- Local faith leaders are partnering with MetroHealth to share their own vaccination experiences and encourage others to get vaccinated. Learn more in this video:
- The AARP is helping seniors understand and navigate the vaccine rollout. They have hosted telephone town halls and are creating a vaccine guide for every state. Learn more here.
- Global Cleveland offers COVID-19 vaccine fact sheets in 11 different languages to make this information accessible to more people. You can find the fact sheets here.
COVID-19 testing is still an important tool to help monitor and slow the spread of the virus in our community. COVID testing is available at various locations across Greater Cleveland. Learn more and find a testing site here. Be sure to call the testing site in advance to confirm your eligibility and learn their protocols.
Are you aware of a COVID-19 vaccine or testing resource not listed here? Please share information in the comments section below!