Great news for our community: Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity is growing opportunities for local families to enter its home ownership program!
What is Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity?
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity (Cleveland Habitat) is a nonprofit organization that brings affordable housing to Greater Cleveland communities and families. Cleveland Habitat builds, rehabs, and sells homes with an affordable mortgage to eligible individuals, couples and families. The organization serves families between 30-80% of the area median income and sells homes to these families at 0% interest mortgage. Cleveland Habitat also advocates for fair and just housing policies and provides training and homeownership education programs.
In recent years, Cleveland Habitat has constructed a number of new homes in Cleveland’s Buckeye-Woodhill neighborhood, including near Woodhill Homes – the focus of Cleveland Purpose Built Communities’ footprint in the area. Cleveland Habitat and Cleveland Purpose Built Communities are aligned in their respective efforts to make a positive impact in the area, with an understanding that quality, affordable housing plays an important role in the vitality of the neighborhood. Learn more about the homes Cleveland Habitat is building in Buckeye-Woodhill here.
How does the Habitat Homeownership Program work?
People in need of safe and affordable housing can apply to Cleveland Habitat’s Homeownership Program. Four basic questions determine eligibility:
- Do you need better housing? Applicants must demonstrate a need for safe and affordable housing.
- Are you willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity? Program participants must complete homeownership classes, 200-300 sweat equity volunteer hours, and make payments on time.
- Are you able to pay an affordable mortgage? An applicant’s income must fall within a certain range based on household size.
- Are you willing to live where Habitat is building? Participants must live in the neighborhood where Habitat is building.
For more information about the program:
- Click here to download the Homebuyer Eligibility Questionnaire.
- Click here to begin the application process.
- Questions? Email email@example.com.
Do you know someone who could benefit from a Habitat home? Please help us spread the word by sharing this information!