The Greater Cleveland Interfaith Alliance (GCIA), launched with support from the Cleveland Foundation in 2015, strives to bring houses of worship together across lines of race, faith tradition, geography and more to serve the community. Formerly called the Greater Cleveland Faith Based Collaborative, the Alliance creates opportunities for organizations to enhance the mission-critical services they provide every day to our residents – and to strengthen the communities in which they serve.
The Alliance is currently seeking applications from houses of worship to participate in its fourth cohort, where representatives from 10 organizations will be selected to participate in a 24-month series of capacity-building trainings on topics including, but not limited to, community program development, program evaluation, fundraising, and board effectiveness. The cohort members will also have an opportunity to apply for funds through a special GCIA internal grant process (up to $20,000 per house of worship over the 24-month period). The two representatives from each house of worship will be (1) the spiritual leader and (2) an individual who serves as on-site coordinator of community programming at the house of worship. Applications are due by May 31, 2022, at 9 a.m. EST.
Is your organization eligible to apply?
- Is your house of worship urban-based, urban-focused and located in Cleveland, East Cleveland, or Cleveland’s inner-ring suburbs?
- Is your house of worship committed to enriching your neighborhood through community services for individuals and families of all ages?
- Do you collaborate with other faith- and/or community-based organizations as you strive to strengthen the community?
- Would you like to step out of your comfort zone and build your skills and expertise in fundraising, program development and evaluation, community engagement and outreach, and more?
- Are you committed to bringing houses of worship together across lines of race, faith tradition, and geography to serve the community?
- Are you interested in the opportunity to receive funding to enhance your community programming?
If you have answered “YES” to the six questions above, please consider applying to be part of GCIA Cohort IV!
How to apply
To apply, please:
- Attend the upcoming information session at 5:30 p.m. EST on May 4, 2022, via Zoom. To register, please e-mail Lavinia Tighe at email@example.com.
- Notify Pamela Fine of your interest in applying (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 p.m. EST on May 6, 2022.
- Complete the application via Survey Monkey no later than 9 a.m. EST on May 31, 2022, by clicking on this link.
- To receive more information, please e-mail Lavinia Tighe at email@example.com.